Tips for News Centre
- Follow the form prompts
- For general newsletters submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For support contact: Shelby Campbell, email@example.com
- Ensure you enter your contact information into the Article Content. The “Public Email Contact” box will only display an “email the author” link.
- When entering your “Website URL” into the form, ensure the link starts with http:// or https:// . If it does not, the link will not connect to your web page.
- If entering a long URL into the Article Content, consider using the Link Text option instead of displaying the URL itself.
- Highlight the URL in the text (ensure all URL’s include the http:// or https:// prefix)
- Click Hyperlink button (chain icon)
- Change the Link Text to desired value
- Check the “Open in a new window/tab” box
- Uploading Images: Images must fit within the 200-4000 pixels range. If the image does not fit within the set parameters it will have to be resized before uploading. An image error will display the following message at the top of the page:
- Ensure each of your images has a meaningful title. The title will be displayed under the image when clicked to enlarge. The caption (optional) will be displayed on the article page under the thumbnail image. Alt Text is used by screen readers and search engines.
Add the News Centre to Your Home Screen
- From your phone access the Internet and display https://news.totabc.org/
- From your “Home Screen” select the share option at the bottom (looks like a box with an up arrow).
- Select ADD to Home Screen — icon will appear that represents the TOTA News Centre.
- Choose ADD.