For Additional Information and Visitor Breakdown by Explorer Type (EQ) read the full report here: Thompson Okanagan Summer 2019 Summary
- The Number of Summer Domestic Minimum One-Night stays increased by 1,016,550 or 34% when comparing Summer 2018 to Summer 2019. The increase is consistent across all Provinces.
- The Number of Summer International Minimum One-Night stays increased by 95,050 or 15% when comparing Summer 2018 to Summer 2019. Findings are consistent in the United States, the United Kingdom and Mexico.
- The number of Summer Overnight Stays from Australian Travellers decreased by 21% in Summer 2019 and the number of Chinese Overnight Stays decreased by 11% when comparing Summer 2018 to Summer 2019.
Note: ALL counts exclude residents of the Thompson Okanagan Region.
For more information about 2018 Year-In-Review or the Research Program review our Research Program Overview.
Data and Privacy
TELUS recognizes that Big Data comes with big responsibility to protect the privacy of individuals. They have implemented industry leading standards to protect privacy every step of the way through:
- De-Identification of data meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- Aggregation of data into large data pools ensuring privacy is fully protected at all times.
- Data extrapolation to be representative of the total Canadian Population.
- By de-identifying and aggregating the data, it is possible to preform geographic and movement analysis, while respecting privacy.
TELUS has implemented industry-leading Privacy and Design standards to ensure that privacy is not compromised.
- All the data analyzed by TELUS Insights is de-identified, meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- It is also aggregated into large data pools to reveal mass-movement patterns and trends, and extrapolated to be representative of the total Canadian population as a further means of ensuring their privacy is protected at all times.
- For further information, please visit:
• Or Email: email@example.com
For more Information on Research or Fees for Services Contact:
Simone Carlysle-Smith, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Managing Director for Symphony Tourism Services