For Additional Information and Visitor Breakdown by Explorer Type (EQ) read the full report here: Thompson Okanagan Spring 2019 Summary
- The Number of Spring Domestic Minimum One-Night stays decreased by 415,350 or 18% when comparing Spring 2018 to Spring 2019. The decrease is consistent in all Provinces with the exception of Prince Edward Island, up 28% and the Yukon Territories up 11%.
- The Number of Spring International Minimum One-Night stays increased by 116,510 or 43% when comparing Spring 2018 to Spring 2019. Findings are consistent in Mexico, the United States, China and the UK.
Note: ALL counts exclude residents of the Thompson Okanagan Region.
For more information about 2018 Year-In-Review or the Research Program review our Research Program Overview.
Data and Privacy
TELUS recognizes that Big Data comes with big responsibility to protect the privacy of individuals. They have implemented industry leading standards to protect privacy every step of the way through:
- De-Identification of data meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- Aggregation of data into large data pools ensuring privacy is fully protected at all times.
- Data extrapolation to be representative of the total Canadian Population.
- By de-identifying and aggregating the data, it is possible to preform geographic and movement analysis, while respecting privacy.
TELUS has implemented industry-leading Privacy and Design standards to ensure that privacy is not compromised.
- All the data analyzed by TELUS Insights is de-identified, meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- It is also aggregated into large data pools to reveal mass-movement patterns and trends, and extrapolated to be representative of the total Canadian population as a further means of ensuring their privacy is protected at all times.
- For further information, please visit:
• Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information on Research or Fees for Services Contact:
Simone Carlysle-Smith, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Managing Director for Symphony Tourism Services