Read the full report here: Thompson Okanagan 2018 Year in Review
In 2018, there were 9.6 Million overnight stays in the Thompson Okanagan Region. 84% or 8.1 Million were from Domestic Travellers.
- 56% or 4,566,720 were from BC
- 27% or 2,218,190 from Alberta
- 5% or 425,130 from Saskatchewan
- 5% or 398,160 from Ontario
In 2018, there were 9.6 Million overnight stays in the Thompson Okanagan Region. 16% or 1.5 Million were from International Travellers.
- 65% or 1,002,810 from the USA
- 7% or 115,420 from Australia
- 5% or 70,930 from Germany
- 4% or 68,370 from China
Note: ALL counts exclude residents of the Thompson Okanagan Region.
For more information please review our Research Program Overview.
Data and Privacy
TELUS recognizes that Big Data comes with big responsibility to protect the privacy of individuals. They have implemented industry leading standards to protect privacy every step of the way through:
- De-Identification of data meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- Aggregation of data into large data pools ensuring privacy is fully protected at all times.
- Data extrapolation to be representative of the total Canadian Population.
- By de-identifying and aggregating the data, it is possible to preform geographic and movement analysis, while respecting privacy.
TELUS has implemented industry-leading Privacy and Design standards to ensure that privacy is not compromised.
- All the data analyzed by TELUS Insights is de-identified, meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- It is also aggregated into large data pools to reveal mass-movement patterns and trends, and extrapolated to be representative of the total Canadian population as a further means of ensuring their privacy is protected at all times.
- For further information, please visit:
• Or Email: email@example.com
For more Information on Research or Fees for Services Contact:
Simone Carlysle-Smith, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Managing Director for Symphony Tourism Services