NEW Market and Visitor Research
Regional Information – Highlights FREE
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association Research Program now includes Thompson Okanagan regional visitor counts using TELUS Insights for the period January-December 2018. For 2019 we will be providing monthly updates to compare visitation from 2018 to 2019. Highlights will be posted here on Research Spotlight. Note: These counts exclude residents of the Thompson Okanagan Region.
Regional District Area Level Information – Community DMO Paid Program – Fees Apply
The TOTA Community Research Program provides Regional District Level visitor counts benchmarked against the Thompson Okanagan Region as a whole. TOTA continues to invest in Environics Analytics data which can be customized to create visitor profiles using the TELUS Insights data for our Community Research Program. The combination of these two sources of data provide unpresented visitor insights to our region.
Market Information – Canada and US – Fees Apply – Businesses, Communities, Events, etc.
Custom research services use Environics Analytics to provide either market profiles or visitor profiles using your customer postal codes. This research is available for communities, businesses, events, visitor centres, etc.
Custom visitor or market profiles you can choose from include:
- Destination Canada’s Explorer Quotient Market Segmentation Program (EQ Type)
- Sector – Choose from many including Hike, Bike, Culinary, Specific activities such as Camping/RV; Festivals and Events, etc.)
- Custom Variables – Tell us about your target markets and we will develop custom personas
- Social Values – Choose from thousands of variables in the system
As part of TOTA’s new research program we offer digital campaign services in partnership with WAR ROOM who will execute and report on programmatic campaigns using the Environics Analytics targeted marketing resources to hyper-target in markets throughout the US and Canada.
Data and Privacy
TELUS recognizes that Big Data comes with big responsibility to protect the privacy of individuals. They have implemented industry leading standards to protect privacy every step of the way through:
- De-Identification of data meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- Aggregation of data into large data pools ensuring privacy is fully protected at all times.
- Data extrapolation to be representative of the total Canadian Population.
- By de-identifying and aggregating the data, it is possible to preform geographic and movement analysis, while respecting privacy.
TELUS has implemented industry-leading Privacy and Design standards to ensure that privacy is not compromised.
- All the data analyzed by TELUS Insights is de-identified, meaning it cannot be traced back to an individual.
- It is also aggregated into large data pools to reveal mass-movement patterns and trends, and extrapolated to be representative of the total Canadian population as a further means of ensuring their privacy is protected at all times.
- For further information, please visit:
• Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information on Research or Fees for Services Contact:
Simone Carlysle-Smith, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Managing Director for Symphony Tourism Services