Agents-How to effectively sell International Gateway Kelowna
How to effectively ‘sell’ International Gateway Kelowna, Kelowna’s original language school (est. 2002) and Kelowna as a study destination.
- The weather and climate is one of the mildest and sunniest in Canada. That’s why Kelowna is Canada’s #1 resort and top retirement destination. Average 0C in January and 30C in August without the nasty humidity of Eastern Canada and the torrential rain of Vancouver.
- The cost of living is much less in Kelowna than in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal etc For example, the monthly Kelowna bus pass is 50-70% less than Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Montreal.
- Kelowna and the Okanagan are one of the world’s TOP TEN wine destinations. Many wine related festivals and events are offered year round. Kelowna is also famous for golf, water sports, skiing, mountain biking and agricultural tourism.
- Over 90% of Kelowna residents speak English as a first language compared with Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary etc with there are many non English speaking residents and host families. Result-students learn faster in the TRUE immersion environment.
- IGK has caring native English speaking homestays and not homestay ‘factories’ like in Vancouver, Toronto etc. where usually 2 or more international students stay in one house which isn’t ideal for seriously learning English. Many IGK homestays are seniors so they have a lot of time to spend with students. In addition, most IGK students are less than 20 minutes to school by bus and 20% of IGK students can walk to school from their homestays. This would be impossible in Vancouver and Toronto where many students are 1 hour or more away from school and need to make a number of transit connections which isn’t optimal especially for minors.
- Kelowna offers nearby recreational and cultural opportunies. For example, it is only a 5 minute walk to some of the best beaches in Kelowna, museums, art galleries, an ice hockey and events stadium, outdoor ice skating etc., from our downtown campus.
- IGK offers the widest variety of teen and adult camps in Canada to suit every interest; from ice hockey skills to wine tours, IGK has it all. Plus, many of our camps are integrated with Canadians!
- A number of working holiday jobs are available in Kelowna due to the city’s resort status. That means jobs in REAL Canadian companies.
- IGK offers small class sizes and lots of personal attention. Average 6 to 8 students which is optimal for language acquisition. Compare this with public colleges and Vancouver and Toronto language schools which typically have 17+ students.
- IGK offers our agent partners very strong commissions on all bookings.