Midnight Musings from our CEO
Anyone who knows me has heard this before; a New Year means a New Blank page upon which to write new stories.
Tomorrow, January 1st, 2019, is another new beginning and with it the unveiling of exciting opportunities, more changes, and challenges in how we will live, travel and experience the world.
I thought I would share a link that I received shortly before Christmas which really started me thinking about the possibilities that can and will lie in our future. Maybe it won’t be this year or even in the next several but as the past has proven, change comes quickly, the impossible becomes possible and overnight we are accepting things that seem to come straight from science fiction.
For all those who dare to dream and are told their vision is not possible, take on those words as your challenge. Prove to those that do not dare to believe that they are wrong. Create, innovate, break what isn’t broken and rebuild it, never take no for an answer and push the envelope to the point where it is unrecognizable.
It is the innovators that can and do change the world and I dare all of you to be one of them.
For now…enjoy this article which is introducing us to a bit of the future. Watch out hoteliers and all of us in the Tourism Industry…if a “self-driving hotel is possible …who knows what else is possible
Staying Connected with TOTA…
With the New Year Upon us we want to take this time to thank all of our Tourism Stakeholders, Tourism Partners and Communities for all of your support in 2018. It has been a year of change, challenge, reward, and success for our tourism industry as we dealt with everything from politics to pipelines and floods to fire.
If you have been working with us in the past we once again want to thank you and invite you to get involved with TOTA in 2019. Here are but a few important opportunities that I encourage you to consider;
- Become involved in our Biosphere Program (read more)
- Participate in the Route97 Initiatives including both Print and Online (read more)
- Obtain and Utilize Big Data research through our Symphony Partner (read more)
- Nov 12-15, 2019 – Save the date for the 2019 TOTA AGM and Summit which will take place as part of International Indigenous Tourism Conference (IITC) and Indigenous Tourism British Columbia’s (ITBC)
- Put your business forward to our Trade and Media teams to host regional familiarization trips during the course of the year – contact Carla Young (email@example.com) or Ingrid Dilschneider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Watch for news on regional events scheduled throughout the year (read more)
- We are all stronger together and we look forward to working closely with all of our stakeholders and partners in 2019
Keep following and contributing to TOTA’s Facebook and Twitter sites throughout the week; send us your stories, photos, events and remarkable experiences. Make sure the industry knows what is happening around our region and keep us updated on your road to sustainability, check out ThompsonOkanagan.com for more information. Be sure to use #route97 and #explorebc when posting your tourism shots and stories.