Calling experienced digital marketers.
Tourism Kamloops is adding a Digital Marketing Specialist to the team in 2019. Read below for full details on the position.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Full time, Permanent
Tourism Kamloops promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to position Kamloops as a valued tourism destination. Tourism Kamloops is a collaborative and fun place to work.
As the Digital Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for planning, executing and optimizing paid marketing campaigns. This role requires extensive use of Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, and Google Analytics. Your work will help drive traffic to our site, engagement with our content and ultimately tourism visits.
With a data-driven approach, you’ll create and execute media plans to outline timing, content, tactics, and budget. Your knowledge of best practices in content marketing and mobile-first web design will support campaign initiatives. This position will lead several collaborative projects with the marketing team and our stakeholders.
While this role primarily supports digital marketing efforts, occasional support will be required with content development (photo & video shoots), traditional media advertising and other destination marketing activities as required. This position reports to the Director of Brand & Marketing and requires an adaptable team player with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners while representing Tourism Kamloops.
- Contribute to the digital marketing strategy
- Develop digital campaigns including planning, executing, monitoring and optimizing
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement, and manage all key components of digital marketing campaigns including campaign briefs, targeting, budget, creative development, and execution
- Execute campaigns on time and on budget
- Drive engagement and traffic through visual content, strategic messaging & calls to action
- Your main tactics include paid social with an emphasis on Facebook and Instagram, paid YouTube, paid search and display advertising
- Work with the web designer to build landing pages and optimize for conversion
- Track performance of campaigns and report insights on ad performance
- Report results and make recommendations based on data
- Maximize ROI across paid marketing channels
- Increase engagement with content and increase click-throughs to partner websites
- Improve organic search results using industry best practices and new techniques
- Simultaneously manage multiple complex projects, with internal and external stakeholders
- Share data with and educate partners and stakeholders on digital best practices
- Develop insights, encourage new ideas and innovation, question conventional approaches, recommend new or cutting-edge programs/processes
- Proven results and demonstrated expertise in digital marketing
- Strong team player with experience planning and implementing cross-functional projects
- Experience making data-driven decisions and providing actionable insights
- Exceptional organization and time management skills – including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage deadlines with attention to detail
- Motivated with a customer-first approach
- Passion for learning about new technology and digital innovation
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders and partners to achieve a common goal
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally, work with flexibility, efficiency and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team Education & Experience
- University Degree in business, marketing or related field
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing including campaign design and execution with positive results
- 1+ years of experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads
- 1+ years of experience with Google Analytics or another analytics platform
- Experience in project management
- Understanding of tourism industry is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Highly collaborative mindset
- Ability to embrace change
- Champion exceptional quality
- Positive outlook in our brand execution and relationships with stakeholders and visitors
Start Date: January 2019
Salary: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
- Opportunity for professional development and to attend conferences
- Modern office environment with state-of-the-art equipment
- Monthly team building activities
- Benefits including extended health, dental and life insurance
- Free parking at the office
Tourism Kamloops’ environment and culture promote the flexibility for thoughtful, purposeful and innovative work. Opportunities for project-based work outside the scope of this job description may occur and is encouraged should it feed your passions, interests and facilitate ongoing workplace learning.
Please send your application to email@example.com