Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association’s annual Summit is just around the corner! This year’s theme is “Drive for Sustainability,” and we look forward to spending time with those of you who have signed up! If you haven’t, it’s not too late, and we hope you can join us this year! Located on traditional Syilx territory, our venue of Spirit Ridge in Osoyoos is devoted to promoting inclusion, reconciliation, and community building. We’re thrilled to share this world-class facility that features a desert winery, sensitive landscape, and a coveted cultural centre with you all, joined by some incredible speakers to discuss our vision for a sustainable future for all.
This year, we’ll be hearing from Ingrid Jarrett on the Responsible Tourism Panel. Ingrid is the General Manager and Vice President of Business Development at Watermark Beach Resort. She has spent over two decades building solid partnerships and boosting tourism for the South Okanagan. Additionally, she serves on multiple boards across the BC tourism community, and acts as the Vice Chair of the Marketing Advisory Committee for Destination BC. Finally, she has played a vital role in growing slow food in the region, as she is the Convivium President for Slow Food Thompson Okanagan, as well as the Vice Chair of Slow Food Canada.
Also joining us this year Kirstie Satchwell, who will be talking about the innovative research War Room has developed. Kirstie is a veteran of developing and optimizing online ad campaigns that can attribute digital ad spend to destination visitation with a predictable ROI. She is the Managing Director at War Room, a Community Volunteer at the SPCA, the Treasurer for the West Coast Soaring Club, and a mom of two adorable cats.
- Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, November 13th & 14th, 2018
- Location: Spirit Ridge at Nk’Mip Resort, 1200 Rancher Creek Road, Osoyoos, BC
How to Participate:
- Registration: $199.00 + GST
- The AGM & Summit is being hosted at Spirit Ridge, and they have kindly offered a group rate of $139 plus taxes for a condo style room, fully furnished with a gourmet kitchen. There are single and double occupancy rooms available. This price is available for the nights of November 12th-14th. To take advantage of this great rate at a one-of-a-kind resort, please contact them at (250) 495-5445, and identify that you are attending the TOTA AGM & Summit.
How to Register:
- Visit our website here to fill out and submit the registration form