TOTA AGM & Summit
We are proud to announce that this year’s Annual General Meeting & Summit’s theme is “Drive for Sustainability,” and we hope you can join us this year! Located on traditional Syilx territory, Spirit Ridge is devoted to promoting inclusion, reconciliation, and community building. A world-class facility that features a desert winery, sensitive landscape, and a coveted cultural centre – the setting embraces our vision for a sustainable future for all.
Joining us as a speaker this year is Sonja Gaudet, Canadian Paralympian and Spinal Cord Injury BC representative. Using the “power of sport” as rehabilitation after her injury, she has lived a full and meaningful life as a mother, wife, athlete and motivational speaker. She has recently retired from competition and was presented with a Canadian stamp in her honour. For thirteen years, she has had the privilege of representing Canada around the world as a Paralympic athlete, winning three Paralympic Gold Medals and three World Championships in the sport of Wheelchair Curling.
Sonja has a keen interest in accessibility issues, and she lends her knowledge and experience to creating recreational opportunities for people with mobility challenges. She is excited for the partnership between SCI BC and TOTA, promoting the AccessBC project and the concept of Universal Design within the tourism industry in the Thompson Okanagan Region.
A welcome reception will be hosted by Destination Osoyoos on November 13th at Baldy Mountain Ski Resort. Due to limited seats, we ask that you RSVP for the event. Winter attire will be required for this fun Mexican-themed evening with entertainment provided by Andrew Johns.
You can view the AGM & Summit Schedule here!
- Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, November 13th & 14th, 2018
- Location: Spirit Ridge at Nk’Mip Resort, 1200 Rancher Creek Road, Osoyoos, BC
How to Participate:
- Registration: $199.00 + GST
- The AGM & Summit is being hosted at Spirit Ridge, and they have kindly offered a group rate of $139 plus taxes for a condo style room, fully furnished with a gourmet kitchen. There are single and double occupancy rooms available. This price is available for the nights of November 12th-14th. To take advantage of this great rate at a one-of-a-kind resort, please contact them at (250) 495-5445, and identify that you are attending the TOTA AGM & Summit.
How to Register:
- Visit our website here to fill out and submit the registration form