Midnight Musings from our CEO
We often hear that stakeholders want to know how to better engage with TOTA and are interested to learn more about our programs. There are numerous stakeholder opportunities at the moment and I thought I would take the time this week to briefly outline many of the programs currently available:
- Route 97 Guide and Website – Your opportunity to advertise in the 2019 publication is now available. This year’s guide will have a strong focus on road trips and loops including maps for each of the driving routes presented. For information on rates and to book your space contact Simone Carlysle-Smith at email@example.com
- Biosphere Adhesion / Committed Company – As part of our Regional Certification tourism entities in the Thompson Okanagan have the opportunity to show their own commitment to sustainable, responsible tourism through the Biosphere Adhesion Program. For information and to become involved contact Mike Overend at firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of your involvement in this program, there will be training provided by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, October 16th and 17th
- SuperHost Training – TOTA is pleased to be an approved Superhost provider for our Region. Book your companies front line team for a session by contacting Ellen Walker-Matthews at email@example.com
- Remarkable Experiences – It is not too late to register for this falls Remarkable Experiences Workshop taking place in Ashcroft /Cache Creek. If you have a tourism business we invite you to register for this outstanding training and if you are a stakeholder within that corridor you may be eligible for Community Futures funding. For more information contact Ellen Walker-Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can register now
- TOTA Annual AGM and Summit – Taking place November 13th and 14th in Osoyoos BC our theme this year is Drive for Sustainability and the speaker line up is outstanding including Randy Durband, CEO of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) and Shawnee Love, founder of LoveHR. Register now!
Those are just a few of the many ways you can work with TOTA in growing and promoting tourism to the region and to your business.
We hope you will find out more….Jump In and Join Us!
A Few Highlights from this Week’s News Centre…
Will you take the time to Vote…again?? After winning North America’s Responsible Tourism Award at the 25th Annual World Travel Awards, the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is excited to announce we are an official nominee for the World’s Responsible Tourism Award 2018, but we need your assistance. We appreciate your assistance by voting (read more); On another Voting matter…Learn more about proportional representation and what it may mean to the tourism industry. Join TIABC and ABLE BC for a free webinar and debate on this important subject (read more); Congratulations go out to are regions O Spa who have been announced as one of only 21 Spas in Canada to be given a QAA Designation (Quality Assurance) (read more)
Read all of this week’s News Centre stories at news.totabc.org
Keep following and contributing to TOTA’s Facebook and Twitter sites throughout the week; send us your stories, photos, events and remarkable experiences. Make sure the industry knows what is happening around our region. Be sure to use #route97 and #explorebc when posting your tourism shots and stories.