Mt. Eneas Wildfire 2018
Central Okanagan, B.C. – Three properties that were under evacuation orders have been changed to evacuation alerts.
303, 305 and 307 Log Chute Road have been changed to evacuation alert, meaning those residents can return to their property but must be prepared to leave at a moment’s notice.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, they may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a meeting place outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes, photographs, etc.Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and location(s) of Reception Centres.Monitor cordemergency.ca, facebook.com/cordemergency or twitter.com/CO_emerg for confirmed information about the situationFor more information, visit cordemergency.ca, sign up for e-updates or call the information line at 250-469-8490.