Facts at a Glance
Read the full report here: Destination Canada: United States Market Highlights
Key Highlights include:
- More than 4 million US Learners aged 25-44 intend to visit Canada for pleasure in the next two years.
- 2017’s lift in arrivals to Canada was seen predominantly among trips via air, up 7% over 2016. The increase in air arrivals was supported by a 4% increase in direct air capacity.
- Auto arrivals made up 56% of overnight visits to Canada, with 45% of vehicles registered to New York, Michigan and Washington states.
- Visitor Forecast: Increase of 3%
- Spend Forecast: Increase of 5%
- Airline Seat Capacity: Increase of 5%
- Local Currency vs CAD: Decrease 1.1%
To view Market Hightlights for: Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, United Kingdom visit: Destination Canada
For more research information by Destination Canada, visit: https://www.destinationbc.ca/Research.aspx
For more research information by TOTA, Visit us online at: https://totabc.org/research/