One of the first steps to becoming COR-certified is to identify an internal Certificate of Recognition (COR) program champion who will lead the process for your organization and become a knowledgeable resource about the COR process. The COR Internal Auditor is an employee of a company who completes the auditor training for the purpose of conducting the company’s internal COR Maintenance Audits. It is recommended that the staff member responsible for leading your occupational health and safety program attend the training. This individual should be familiar with all aspects of your safety management system.
The COR Internal Auditor Training includes approximately 15 hours of training, 7.5 online and 7.5 in-person, and it provides:
- an overview of the COR program;
- elements and methodology of the COR Audit process;
- how to prepare for a COR Audit, including the Pre-Audit Meeting;
- how to conduct a COR Audit and collect data (e.g. reviewing documentation, observing the workplace & interviewing employees);
- how to use the COR Audit Tool (e.g. scoring, writing notes);
- how to write and submit a completed Audit Report; and
- post-audit follow-up activities.
Space is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration deadline: June 8, 2018. We recommend that you submit your registration as soon as possible to reserve a place in the class. If the date of our next session does not work for you, please contact us with a request to add you to a waitlist for future sessions.