SilverStar’s own Shane Landreville has become Canada’s newest Nordic Master, one of only 5 people in Canada to achieve this designation.
Earlier this February, after a grueling 4-day course and 2 full days of exams, SilverStar’s Nordic Manager Shane Landreville completed the Level 4 CANSI instructors certification.
Level 4 is the highest level of instructor certification one can achieve. Level 4 instructors are tested on their skiing ability in skate, classic and downhill maneuvers, their teaching (both pedagogy and skill improvement sessions), as well as in their video analysis skills, level 1-2-3 marking and a presentation in a ski related area.
In 2016 Shane also completed the CANSI Level III Telemark certification.
As a result of achieving both of these highest certifications in Nordic Instruction Shane is now considered a Master of Nordic, one of only 5 people to achieve this designation in Canada.
SilverStar Mountain Resort is home to 3 of these Nordic Masters including Guy Paulsen and Marie-Cat Bruno, and counts the highest number of high level Nordic instructors in the whole country.
Shane Landreville – Nordic Career Highlights
- Represented Canada on the Canadian National Telemark Team while racing FIS World Cup Telemark circuit
- Won Canadian National Telemark Championships, 2013 & 2014
- Joined XC Supercamp (co-owned by SilverStar-Sovereign Lake) as Camp Coordinator, 2014
- Joined SilverStar as Nordic Manager, 2016
- Achieved his CANSI Level III Telemark certification, 2016
- Achieved his CANSI Level IV Cross Country, 2018