Throughout the winter, promotion of Route 97 continues with a focused effort of marketing in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State. The objective is to create awareness of winter product available and inspire travel to the region.
For more information on the Route 97 Program, visit our website.
Upcoming Winter Campaign
Throughout the Winter Campaign, our focus on Touring and Exploring will continue. We will be utilizing the Wonder of Winter section on the Route 97 website to promote our winter activities, events, culinary experiences, mountains and resorts, alongside winter itineraries.
Inspirational and educational videos featuring road trips and indigenous product will be released and seasonal blog content will be created to inspire winter travel throughout the region.
We will work to amplify user-generated content from our region and share traveller stories to spark conversations about visiting our region in the winter season.
Methods of advertising will include: Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, and Social Media Advertising.
How to engage in the Program…
- Register your winter experience and get a free link on Route97.net
- Submit a Blog – Promote your destination through the Route 97 blog. Share your destination story, all blogs will be reviewed prior to publishing and we will add a link to the corresponding Route 97 road trip page that features your community. These blogs will feature your town or community and will see traffic from the Route 97 website, as well as online distribution through social media. For information about specifications, email Ryan Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post your events for FREE to the Route 97 Events Page
- Hyperlink to Route 97 from the footer of your website. Download the Route97 logo file and link to http://route97.net/
- Engage with us on social media
- Provide feedback on the website — we are developing new sections every season. For more information contact email@example.com
- Distribute the Route 97 Map Guides (available at all visitor centres)
- Share your imagery for use on the website, social media, blog, etc. by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Route 97 Road Trip Map Guide – BOOK NOW!
The 2017 guide is out of stock. We continue to get requests for the guide, so with you as a partner, we can print more copies for 2018. Distribution includes consumer shows through our partnership with the Camping and RVing BC Coalition and CanaDream RV Rentals through Vancouver and Calgary. Distribution area includes North Central Washington and Thompson Okanagan region Visitor Centres, other BC Visitor Centres, Duty Free Shops on both sides of the border and select high traffic attractions such as the Grand Coulee Dam and travel shows TOTA attends. The 2×3′ poster size map has also been distributed to visitor centers and select locations throughout the region.
Book now for the 2018 print guide. Increased print run will be 50,000 copies. Digital options start at $299, print option start at $625. Contact Black Press directly: Ashley Kolberg, Phone 250-979-7322, Email email@example.com
About the Route 97 Touring Program
Discover Route 97 — Be Curious…
The Route 97 Touring program, Discover Route 97 is a joint partnership between the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) and the North Central Washington Economic Development District (NCWEDD). This partnership has the full and active support of elected officials from three counties and their cities in Washington State (Okanogan, Chelan, and Douglas), the elected officials from the three Regional Districts and their communities in British Columbia (RDOS, CORD, NORD), the Colville confederated Tribes and the Okanagan Nations Alliance. Part of our mission is to promote this unique region, with particular emphasis on the Interior Cascades section of the Highway 97 corridor and all its tributaries, for the benefit of all its varied communities.
Director Global & Regional Marketing
Thompson Okanagan Tourism