Accidents happen. Once they do, what are the next steps? How do you go about conducting an investigation?
The go2HR Health & Safety team is pleased to offer a webinar on the best practices of workplace accident investigations in the tourism and hospitality industry. Hear from Alex Booth, Adviser with the Employers’ Advisers Office (EAO), on how to simplify and streamline the process to meet WorkSafeBC reporting requirements.
The webinar will cover the following:
- What is required by completing the investigation
- Preliminary and Full Investigations – what is the difference?
- Determining causality – contributing factors vs. root cause factors
- How to identify and follow through with corrective action
- What do I send in? Where and how do I send it?
- WorkSafeBC Accident Investigation resources
- How an investigation program relates to the COR Program
Date: Jun. 28, 2017
Time:10:00am – 11:00am
Why should you attend the webinar?
- Fulfill your annual OHS training entitlement as part of the JOHSC;
- Learn how to write an investigation report and form requirements;
- Ask questions specific to your business;
- Connect with colleagues from different tourism sectors;
- Work towards completing your professional development requirements as a health and safety professional; and
- Work towards completing the required seven hours of professional development as a certified COR Internal Auditor.
Registration cost: $49.00 regular, $24.00 for BCLCA members. Register here
This webinar is sponsored by the BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association. The cost to attend this webinar for BCLCA members is $24.00.