20th Annual Kelowna & West Kelowna Garden Tour Saturday, June 17 from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This self-guided Flower Power Garden Tour includes six gardens, big and small, with blooms and edibles perfect whether you are a non-gardener just enjoying the beauty and hard work of others, a novice home gardener looking for inspiration and a few tips, or the experienced horticulturalist, this tour checks all the boxes.
Our gardens include:
- A ‘rock’ star of a garden with rock walls, meandering paths leading the visitor to discover beds of daisies, elderberry shrubs, a vegetable garden and a fairy garden for the grandchildren.
- A small, surprisingly private city lot designed with ample patio space, lawn and low maintenance perennials.
- A winery surrounded by flower gardens with strategically placed sculptures, pergolas and awnings for viewing the hummingbirds and honey bees.
- A farm that was selected as the Canadian Garden Destination of the Year; a well designed and functional landscape design that incorporates useful herbs, shrubs and trees bordered with xeriscape plantings.
- A true gardener’s garden where every turn is something to admire with a variety of flowers, a small vegetable garden, strawberry patch and at the centrepiece – a 50′ ginkgo biloba tree.
- With only coyotes and deer as neighbours,this home garden of 15 raised beds is abundant in microgreens, pea shoots, sunflower shoots and specialty items like mouse melons, culinary flowers, garlic scapes and more. This impressive produce is grown exclusively for the award winning restaurants RauDZ Regional Table and micro bar & bites.
Along with the lush gardens, guests can enjoy tastings, artwork from local artists, gardening gift ideas, and experts to provide advice and answer questions. Gardening expert Ken Salvail, the Okanagan Master Gardeners, Donna Senese on Wine Geographies and Nancy Holmes on Border Free Bees will be on site to answer questions.
Artists showcasing their talents in the gardens include: Alex Fong, The Heritage Artists, Jim Finnie, Brushstrokes Palette Club, Annabel Stanley, Lillian Sokil, b-line design and Denise Wandt.
Funds raised support Chefs in the Classroom – edible education – an initiative of the Okanagan Chefs Association for Grade 3 classrooms in School District 23 and Central Okanagan Community Gardens helping communities create sustainable green spaces for gardening, food production, gathering and education
Tickets for Flower Power on Saturday, June 17th are $34 and available at Bylands, Art Knapp, Green & Bear It, The Greenery, Rick’s Garden World, Kelowna Tickets at Orchard Park or flowerpowerylw.ca