The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association has launched the Wonder of Winter regional program.
Wonder of Winter is designed to present the Thompson Okanagan to the consumer as a premier winter destination. Working with our stakeholders and communities TOTA will be assisting in creating a new sense of vibrancy to the region’s winter story that elevates experiences, animates the valley destinations and increases the length of stay of our winter visitors.
Key to this initiative is the development of a comprehensive inventory of winter product, itinerary development and the creation of partnerships that will assist in motivating and moving guests on and off our ski resorts to enjoy cities and surrounding area experiences.
Through a greater understanding of non-ski winter products and encouragement of partnerships we will work to promote new non-traditional winter products such as weddings, spa, culinary, special festivals and events that will complement traditional ski products in our region.
Wonder of Winter Priorities:
- Comprehensive on and off mountain inventory of winter products and activities
- Content development for travel media, social media and travel trade
- Research/Training — utilizing EQ and Prizm in our key markets to identify potential consumer base
- Remarkable Experiences workshop with Destination BC to focus on winter product development and promotion
- Signature winter experience development over a 2–3 year period
- Accessibility — working with industry to improve air and road winter access
In addition to the winter development program, winter experiences will be featured on the new Wonder of Winter section on Route97.net
This web site content highlights key experiences that link directly to operators and is available to any stakeholder with winter products.
For more information on this program, contact Simone Carlysle-Smith at email@example.com