Apply now for a full weekend pass to the Festival, Nov. 4 to 6
The Kamloops Writers Festival is a three-day event held every November that gives writers in the Central Interior an opportunity for learning, networking, and professional development, and gives readers a glimpse into the writing life. We welcome writers of all genres and at all levels.
This year’s readings and workshop facilitators include:
- Richard Wagamese (poetry/memoir/journalism/fiction, Kamloops, Indian Horse, One Native Life, Medicine Walk),
- Michael V. Smith (memoir/novel/poetry, BC’s Interior, My Body is Yours, Progress),
- Ashley Little (adult and young adult fiction, Kelowna, Niagara Motel, Anatomy of a Girl Gang)
- Elizabeth Bachinsky (poetry, New Westminster, The Hottest Summer in Recorded History, Home of Sudden Service)
- Ami McKay (novel, Nova Scotia, The Birth House, The Witches of New York)
Workshop descriptions, schedule, and more information available at www.kamloopswritersfestival.com.
This year, the Kamloops Writers Festival is pleased to offer a bursary for one individual to attend the Festival on a full weekend pass, which includes all events plus lunch on Saturday. To apply, please send a confidential email by Nov. 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining your financial situation and limitations, as well as what you would gain from attending the festival. All emails will be held in confidence.
Tickets can be purchased at www.kamloopswritersfestival.com. Full festival passes are $105 ($90 for students), and all events can also be purchased a la carte, so that participants can choose which events they would like to attend.
The Kamloops Writers Festival is co-produced by the Kamloops Society for the Written Arts and the Kamloops Arts Council. Sponsors include the TNRD Library System, the Canada Council for the Arts, the British Columbia Arts Council, SFU The Writers Studio, TRUSU, The Mix Kamloops, and Chapters. Support from Kamloops Office Systems and the Interior Authors Group is also gratefully acknowledged.