Destination BC is issuing a call for applicants to serve on its Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC) for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2017. Committee members may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Terms have expired for six members, each from one of the regions: Vancouver, Coast & Mountains; Vancouver Island; Thompson Okanagan; Cariboo Chilcotin Coast; Northern BC; and the Kootenay Rockies.
Interested applicants should possess the following experience and skills, to complement those of the current members, as part of the TMC skills matrix:
- Experience with tourism marketing on a global, national, and/or provincial scale;
- A thorough understanding of tourism issues, sectors, and opportunities;
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following:
- General experience with marketing plans and execution (integrated marketing campaigns, brand management, strategic partnerships, travel trade, and OTAs); and/or
- Applied technical knowledge in content marketing; digital, social, and digital marketing strategies; marketing research and data analytics.
Committee members are expected to work collaboratively with others, for the benefit of tourism province-wide, in a fully transparent and accountable process, and contribute to Destination BC’s marketing objectives in a meaningful way, including prioritizing time for committee meetings and review of materials. Destination BC and regional representatives will evaluate qualified applicants and bring forward recommended nominations to Destination BC’s Board of Directors for consideration.
The Committee will meet on a regular basis, on a schedule determined by TMC members and the CEO. The Committee will meet at least twice each year in person, coinciding with the annual strategic planning schedule created by Destination BC’s Board of Directors.
Members of the committee will have their travel expenses reimbursed. Members will not receive compensation for meetings.
Each application must include the completed Application Form including your résumé and any other supporting documents you feel are relevant to this process. Applications may be submitted in electronic form and must be received no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, October 31, 2016.
Please submit your Application Form to: Nicole.Endrizzi@destinationbc.ca