Gold Country hosted their first Tourism Symposium in the community of Merritt featuring all day workshops designed to inform Gold Country Stakeholders of everything from travel trade relations, how to apply EQ Explorer Quotient marketing, and economic opportunities for communities. The workshops that were included in the schedule:
- Travel Trade Relations & Travel Media Relations by Howard Grieve
- Introductions to services by TOTA & Gold Country
- Online Reputation by Daniel E. Craig
- Explorer Quotient By Kailee Penner & Nancy Radman
- Community Tourism Opportunity Planning by James Umpherson
The workshop was followed by a networking evening of appetizers and great local Fort Beren’s wines and Left Field cider. A good cross selection of communities were represented and everyone took away a positive experience. The event was sponsored by TNRD, Aboriginal Tourism BC, TOTA, Merritt and Tourism Nicola Valley.