Week long vacations to introduce skiers into the backcountry, to provide them with firsthand knowledge and experience, and to begin their transition into backcountry skiing in a safe and fun environment.
ALPINE TOURING 101
Learning to ski in the backcountry can be a significant challenge for even the most seasoned of outdoor adventurers. Specialized gear, proper preparation, as well as practical and technical knowledge is essential to begin skiing in the backcountry safely and efficiently. AT 101 has been developed specifically to introduce new skiers into the backcountry, to provide them with firsthand knowledge and experience, and to begin their transition into backcountry skiing in a safe and fun environment.
Canadian Adventure Company and True Outdoors have joined together to take guests in a seamless transition from the front country to the backcountry with all the necessary gear, knowledge and expertise to make getting into the backcountry easier than ever before.
- 7 day – Guided/Catered Trip at Mallard Mountain Lodge
- Small group. Maximum 7 guests. All participants are new to backcountry skiing to provide a relaxing and safe environment for all guests.
- Pre-trip information and consultation through True Outdoors and Canadian Adventure Company
- Full Gear Consultation
- Trip planning and preparation
- Exclusive rental and purchasing programs
- Optional Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 (AST 1) as administered by Avalanche Canada
- Practical and technical usage of gear and equipment
- Best practices, ski techniques, and more.
- January 24th – 31st, 2016 *
- February 29th – March 6th, 2016 *
*Dates subject to change. Additional dates and configurations available. Please inquire for more info.
- $2850 CDN, plus taxes
- Fully guided/catered, including heli flights to and from the Lodge, and accommodation at the Lodge.
Join us for an evening at True Outdoors for all of the program details, or contact CAC for more information and bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamloops November 24th, 2015 – 7pm
Vernon November 25th, 2015 – 7pm
Kelowna November 26th, 2015 – 7pm
Special deals and door prizes as well. Appetizers and refreshments will be served.