Through the summer, the Grist Mill is hosting a series of Sunday night dinners inspired by it’s own heritage gardens and the bounty of the spectacular Similkameen Valley. Each of these special meals is served family-style on long tables in the site’s lovely gardens, with entrees inspired by staff’s own fond memories of cozy Sunday dinners with family and close friends. Side dishes and desserts for each dinner depend significantly on what’s local, fresh and in season.
“We have our best team yet in our kitchen this year,” says Chris Mathieson, Operator of the Grist Mill Heritage Site. “Hosting these dinners is a great way to show off their talents as well as the unique heritage varieties growing in our gardens.”
The first dinner, on Sunday, July 9 features Rosemary Cherry Balsamic Chicken, new potatoes and much more.
The rest of the 2017 Sunday Dinner series is as follows:
- July 23 – Sunday Dinner Series (12 Hour Beef Brisket)
- Aug 13 – Sunday Dinner Series – feat. Joy Road Catering (Menu TBD)
- Aug 20 – Sunday Dinner Series (BBQed Salmon)
- Sept 3 – Sunday Dinner Series (Scratch-made Pasta)
- Sept 17 – Sunday Dinner Series (Braised Lamb Shank)
- Oct 1 – Sunday Dinner Series (Roast Turkey)
- Oct 15 – Sunday Dinner Series (Pig Roast)
Unless otherwise noted, doors open at 5:30PM and dinner is served at 6:00PM.
Each of these meals have a set menu and are built around seasonally available ingredients, so the kitchen is not always able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies.
Space is limited and advanced ticket purchase is required. Tickets can be purchased at the Grist Mill front desk or on their website. No tickets will be available at the door.